Sunday

Colour proof

I've had the colour proof to check in the last week or so. Its fabulous to see the pages in colour, properly printed and full-size. It really brings out how fantastic the photography is. Its a bit strange for me in that the colour proofs have old text in them - the images and the text are printed at different stages, so the colour has to go first, and the text goes later. So I've been getting queries from the editor and indexer while the proof reading is going on, and I don't actually have a copy of the text they are working from. That's been a bit confusing!
But still, they are all a great team and have worked wonders with the bits of ragged text needing a trim. Stuff is still going on with the editor and publisher ready for it all to go to print sometime this week, but luckily for me, it doesn't seem to need me to do anything!

colour proof.JPG

colour proof_1.JPG

project titles.JPG

I've also had a look at the new jacket - it looks like it is going to be a textured cover without a dust jacket, which will make it a lot more practical for everyday sewing, while still looking fabulous on the bookshelves. The spine is really nice. Its funny, these little things really make a difference. And its a thick old spine, with all those 304 pages and hardback covers. It is a HUGE book. And a fabulous, fabulous looking one. I think I might be getting excited about it at last!

3 comments:

lindagerig said...

Book looks like a real good one. can't wait till it is out. Linda Gerig in Michigan

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Proofs are so exciting..(of course I only know this through my authoring family members...) but I must say your book looks like it will be so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I can't wait to see the book. It looks like something I could keep as a reference in my bookshelf all the time.